Friday, February 28, 2014

DIY Wedding Card Box

I love DIY projects, so when I found out that one of my best friends was getting married, naturally I started thinking about all kinds of fun projects that I could do! One of the first projects that I made for her was a wedding card box. Do you have any idea how much some of these babies sell for?!! A LOT! 



Here are some of the inspiration pictures used for this project.........

Black Card Box Wedding Money Holder Wedding Card Boxes Gift Card Boxes Wish Box Wishing Well Damask

Wedding Card Box, Money Box, Gift Card Holder - Custom Made

Or this one for $115

Wedding Card Box Custom Money Box Gift Card Holder - Custom Made

Or this one is only $113

While I appreciate that all of those wedding card boxes are custom made to order and very nice, this DIY girl could never justify paying that much for something simple enough that I could make myself, so that is exactly what I did! I gathered some supplies that I already had on hand and got my craft on!


Supplies used to make this: {not all shown in picture}

Boxes
Fabric
Tulle
Silk rose
Rhinestones
Adhesive spray
Glue gun & glue
Tape measure 
Pencil
Scissors
Packing tape

I started by choosing a couple different sized boxes and stacked them to get an idea of how it would look. The top two boxes needed to be cut to create the tiers so I measured, marked, cut, and taped them. I cut a hole in the top of the bottom box and a slit in the front of the middle box for the cards to go.

Next, I cut the fabric to size and adhered it to the boxes using an adhesive spray. The boxes were attached together using tape and hot glue. I tied a piece of white tulle around the middle box, and then hot glued a white silk rose to the top. I added the rhinestone around the opening where the cards go after I took this picture so you will have to just imagine how it looked with a lil' bling!!

I absolutely LOVE how it came out, but most importantly........so did the bride-to-be!


By using what I already had on hand from previous projects, this wedding card box cost me a whopping $0.00. These are the projects I love the most!





1 comment:

  1. My crafty lily cutesie niecey! So professional looking and just as pretty as the others. So talented and crafty, I love this girl!

    ReplyDelete