Friday, February 7, 2014

An Organized Baking Cabinet


I love to bake! What I don't love is a super messy and unorganized kitchen cabinet full of baking ingredients, preventing me from being able to see exactly what I have. I decided to take the time to empty out two cabinets, one for all of my baking ingredients, one for my baking pans, and also a drawer for baking utensils. 

First, I took note of what I already had and what I needed to purchase. Second, I figured out exactly how many storage containers I would need to store all of my baking ingredients. Third, I looked into some different storage containers and prices and ended up getting some round plastic containers with lids from the Dollartree. Mason jars are another great option for storing these items!


I decanted all of the ingredients into their new containers and then created some labels using the software 'paint' on my computer for editing and adding the different fonts. I just printed them out, cut them, and attached them to containers using clear packing tape, covering the entire label. This project was done last summer and they have held up quite well although I will be updating them soon by laminating them for some extra coverage. 


Here are the containers all filled, labeled, and neatly organized in my 'new' baking cabinet! I love being able to see exactly where everything is and being able to quickly locate and grab what I need! 







Using the empty space on the insides of your cabinet doors is a great use of valuable space, especially if you are limited on the amount of storage space your working with. When you stop to consider the square footage of level, usable space on the interior of your cupboard doors, you can start to envision new possibilities for controlling kitchen clutterUsing cork board, magnetic board, hooks, or clothespins are just a few other options to store recipes, spice containers, hang utensils, store lids, hang dish gloves and store other kitchen items. 


I chose to hang all of my measuring cups and spoons for easy access by simply measuring the door, cutting a strip of wood to size, pre-drilling holes for the mounting screws and cup hooks, and then installing it to the inside of the door. I could have left it as is but I love to label everything and this was no exception! Nothing too fancy....I just printed it out and taped it up. I also typed up a common measuring chart by using a graph in a word document. I refer to this chart quite often, it has been so helpful and definitely a time saver. (Pictures will be added soon of the measuring cups and spoons actually hanging in here!!)



Frequently used items such as the rolling pin, cookie scoop, a few cookie cutters,  spatulas, and beaters to the mixer go in a nearby drawer. 


Below is the cabinet where I store our baking sheets, muffin tins, mini loaf pan, and cake pans using a metal file folder organizer. 


Having everything organized makes it so much easier to find what I need and has also been a big time saver! How do you organize all of your baking supplies?! 





6 comments:

  1. Nice work babe! Keep up the sweet projects that make our home uniquely ours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Extremely impressed! Excellent Job! Certainly gone way beyond the "to do" list!! Mine next!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So proud of your efficiency and time spent trying to not only make your home more usable and easier to manage, but others who will read this! Many people will be reading thinking 'wow, what a smart idea!!'. Your time and effort will be rewarded someday when you're rich and famous! (and I'M your auntie!).....haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Auntie, Thank you so much for your kind words & encouragement! It means a lot! Ps....and my fav Auntie haha!!

      Delete